Friday, August 05, 2011

Follow Friday - Blogger Hop - TGIF 3#

Follow Friday hosted by http://www.parajunkee.com/



Q. Talk about the book that most changed or influenced your life (was it a book that turned you from an average to avid reader, did it help you deal with a particularly difficult situation, does it bring you comfort every time you read it?).

Well there are a lot of books for many different reasons:

The book that got me back into reading: Kissed By an Angel - Elizabeth Chandler
The book that inspired me to write my own books: Fallen - Lauren Kate
The books that helped me learn what love actually is: Delirium - Lauren Oliver and The Time Travelers Wife.
The books that taught me to appreciate life: Before I fall and If I Stay/Where she went. 


Q: Taking it Personal: Which books have effected you on a personal level and lingered in your mind long after you closed the pages?

Similar to the one above, but I do have others that have effected me.
Forgotten by Cat Patrick - amazing book!
Her Fearful Symmetry - Audrey Niffenegger - Makes you sad and happy and just wow.


“What is the one ARC you would love to get your hands on right now?”


The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer! It just looks and sounds so amazing



Link up guys!
Love my followers, I follow and comment back.
<3

11 comments:

  1. Wow, I love your picks! We have some of the same ones, too! I also love the book "Kissed By An Angel" by Elizabeth Chandler, it's amazing! I'm a new follower :)

    Here's my post: http://tiny.cc/nqd8u

    Also, here's my most recent giveaway: http://tiny.cc/c1do5

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, everyone wants that ARC! The book does sound intriguing and I love the cover.

    Glad to have found you via the Hop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good answers! I loved Fallen, and have Delirium in my TBR list! I'm really excited to read it! You can see my answer over at Fuzzy.Coffee.Books if ya like!
    Have a great weekend!
    Courtney
    *new follower

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great choices! There are so many books to choose from; this was quite the difficult question for me. I'd love if you checked out what I picked for this FF :D

    Btw, LOVE THE BLOG... I quickly became a NEW follower.

    Looking forward to hearing back from you,
    Cory @ Anti-Drug Reads

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww I love your answers for Follow Friday!!! Great picks :)

    Here's my FF!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Time Traveler's Wife is a good choice! I totally forgot about that book! I love your answers for FF ^_^

    New follower! Happy FF!!

    Here's mine: http://sinnfulbooks.blogspot.com/2011/08/follow-friday.html

    sinn @ sinnful books

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog! Fallen by Lauren Kate also affected me! It's the book that made me read YA again. :) I also want the Mara Dyer ARC. :D

    Hope you have an awesome weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I liked reading the list of books that have influenced you - I especially loved If I Stay; it kept me thinking for awhile after I finished reading it! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great blog and design...NEW FOLLOWER.

    Stopping by from the blog hop.

    Elizabeth

    http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Following everyone back now, thanks for the stop by and comments.
    <3

    ReplyDelete