Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Cover Artwork: The Holders by Julianna Scott



17-year-old Becca has spent her whole life protecting her brother – from their father leaving and from the people who say the voices in his head are unnatural. When two strangers appear with apparent answers to Ryland’s “problem” and details about a school in Ireland where Ryland will not only fit in, but prosper, Becca is up in arms.

She reluctantly agrees to join Ryland on his journey and what they find at St. Brigid’s is a world beyond their imagination. Little by little they piece together information about their family’s heritage and the legend of the Holder race that decrees Ryland is the one they’ve been waiting for—but they are all, especially Becca, in for a surprise that will change what they thought they knew about themselves and their kind.

Simple and pretty cover, I like the contrasting deep colours.. I also think the title is interesting.. what do you guys think of the cover and the book if you've read it or plan to read it?

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like an interesting book. I haven't heard of it before. As for the cover, hmmmm...I do like the simplicity, but the jewel on the front looks awfully, well, plastic. Not ideal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this book! I really didn't know what I would think because I bought it because I remember Julianna/Marian(and you too) from QueryTracker, but didn't think I would like heavy fantasy. But it turned out it wasn't heavy fantasy, and I didn't realize that the romance woulbe so great! I like the scene you picked, and I like the one at the end too! Great interview!

    ReplyDelete